Sweet potatoes cake


What happened until now? Well, a lot of things that kept me away from my little English food blog, and I could stay here and list all of the boring things (or excuses if you want) but I won't do that. Instead, I will share with you one main news, and it's here next to me while I am writing.
She is called Grace.

Yes, I am a mum of a beautiful little 2 month old girl (if you follow me on Ig you can meet her @raspberriesandtulips) and this make a big difference from last year Martina. The only thing that did no change at all is my passion of cooking and baking and experiment in the kitchen and now I've got a little company with me and cant' wait to bake with her.
I am coming back then people and today with this super yummy sweet potatoes cake.
Few times ago I saved a carrot cake recipe from Enrica and when I was going to bake it then I didn't have carrots, so I tried to use sweet potatoes instead, adapted few things and it worked perfectly! So happy with this cake.

Sweet potatoes cake with mascarpone frosting



|ingredients |

cake:

270g boiled sweet potatoes
160g veg oil
200g caster sugar
3 eggs
1 orange zest 
cinnamon powder
ginger zest
240g self raising flour
3 tsp baking powder  

Warm up the oven ar 170℃. In the blender mix the already boiled (and cold) sweet potatoes with the veg oil. Separately whisk the eggs with the sugar, add the zests and the cinnamon and at the end the potatoes. Carry on mixing and sift together flour and baking powder. Pour the batter in a cake pan of your choice and bake for at least half an hour or until a toothpic inserted into the center comes out with just few crumbs. Let cool the cake before the frosting.

frosting:

250g mascarpone cheese
200g icing sugar

Mix together the ingredients until fluff and the sugar it's completely absolve. Add some orange zest to decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment